Testing IPO (Inputs, Process and Outputs)
- Plan - Scope, Schedule
- Data - Clean, Base lined, Initial, To be transacted, Sufficient, protected.
- Environment - Hardware, OS as close to real world, Web Servers, Browers, Display settings, Drivers, Option packs/service packs/fixes.
- Test Cases - Unique ID, Description, Expected results, Exit Criteria.
- Verify whether the Work Product is taken from the appropriate work area for testing.
- Verify if the test cases are reviewed and approved.
- Verify that you are working in the test environment (Not Development Environment).
- Execute the Work Product.
- Apply test scenarios.
- Observe actual results and behavior.
- Record the actual results and observations.
- Test Results - Actual results Vs Expected results.
- Defects Log - Priority, Severity, Symptoms, Description, Date detected.
- Test Report - Summary of testing done, GO/No-Go recommendations, Phase/iterations, Date.